Israeli Occupation Forces seal off agricultural road in Ein Yabrud village
- Violation: sealing off agricultural road
- Location: Ein Yabrud village- Ramallah city
- Date: November 14, 2016
- Perpetrators: Israeli Occupation Forces
- Victims: residents of the village
In the evening of November 14, 2016, Israeli Occupation Forces closed the agricultural road that links Ein Yabrud village to the bypass road no. 60 via road blocks.
It should be marked that the targeted road (800m *4m) was opened to reduce the suffering of people due to constant targeting of the Israeli Occupation Forces that is represented in closing the target road.
It should be marked that the target road was implemented through the Agricultural Committee of the village in coordination with the village council .
It should be marked that the northern entrance of Ein Yabrud witnessed too many closures since the year 2000. Noteworthy, it was reopened in 2012. Since the beginning of 2016, the entrance was closed three times to harass the residents of the area.
The village is located 13km to the northeast of Ramallah city. It has a total land area of 11, 401 dunums; of which 1394 dunums were confiscated by Israel for the favor of Ofra colony. Ein Yabrud is inhabited by 2819 people (PCBS, 2007), most of whom work in the agricultural sector.
International conventions and laws regarding freedom of movement which Israel unabatedly violates:
- Article 3 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights: “Everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of person”.
- Article 5: “No one shall be subjected to torture or to cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment”.
- Article 9: “No one shall be subjected to arbitrary arrest, detention or exile”.
- Article 13: Everyone has the right to freedom of movement and residence within the borders of each state.
Everyone has the right to leave any country, including his own, and to return to his country.
- Article 7 of the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights: “No one shall be subjected to torture or to cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment. In particular, no one shall be subjected without his free consent to medical or scientific experimentation.”
- Article 9: “Everyone has the right to liberty and security of person. No one shall be subjected to arbitrary arrest or detention. No one shall be deprived of his liberty except on such grounds and in accordance with such procedure as are established by law.
The Land Research Center