Israeli Occupation Forces close the entrance of Al-Hadidiya hamlet via dirt mounds
- Violation: closing an entrance
- Location: Al-Hadidiya hamlet- Tubas governorate
- Date: October 12, 2016
- Perpetrators: Israeli Occupation Forces
- Victims: residents of the hamlet
Israeli Occupation Forces raided on October 12, 2016 the Bedouin community of Al-Hadidiya, east Sahel Al-Buqi'a in Tubas governorate and attempted to demolish the agricultural road that leads to the community and links it to the bypass road known as "Alon".
It is reported that international activists stood in front of the attacking dozers to stop the demolition. As a result, the force withdrew from the scene but closed the road via dirt mounds instead of ravaging it.
It should be marked that the target road is of 1km in length; works on the road were stopped by the occupation in February 2016 after confiscating the machineries that were opening the road.
About Al-Hadidiya hamlet:
It is considered part of Dhaher Al Malih area and is located 33 km to the east of Tubas governorate. Moreover, it populates about 94 people who depend on agriculture and livestock in their living. Most of the residents are nomads descending from Bisharat and Odeh families from Tammun town; they resided in the area for the sake of planting and growing cattle just like any other nomad assemblage in the area that used to belong to Palestinians.
The hamlet underwent many demolitions by the Israeli occupation authorities, which do not recognize and acknowledge this area to be Palestinian.
The redundant demolitions, which reached out almost every structure in the hamlet, aim at displacing the residents of the area to become under the military control of the Israeli occupation. This is to serve the Zionist Plan in the area of Palestinian Jordan Valley.
International conventions and laws regarding freedom of movement which Israel unabatedly violates:
- Article 3 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights: “Everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of person”.
- Article 5: “No one shall be subjected to torture or to cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment”.
- Article 9: “No one shall be subjected to arbitrary arrest, detention or exile”.
- Article 13: Everyone has the right to freedom of movement and residence within the borders of each state.
Everyone has the right to leave any country, including his own, and to return to his country.
- Article 7 of the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights: “No one shall be subjected to torture or to cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment. In particular, no one shall be subjected without his free consent to medical or scientific experimentation.”
- Article 9: “Everyone has the right to liberty and security of person. No one shall be subjected to arbitrary arrest or detention. No one shall be deprived of his liberty except on such grounds and in accordance with such procedure as are established by law.
The Land Research Center