Targeting “Abu Leimoun” Conservatory in Bil’in village- Ramallah Governorate

Targeting “Abu Leimoun” Conservatory in Bil’in village- Ramallah Governorate
Violation: demolishing a shack and the confiscation of equipment.
Location: Abu Leimoun Conservatory.
Perpetrators:  the Israeli Occupation Environmental Protection Agency – IEPA.
Victims: farmers from Bil’in.
Date: November 27, 2011.
Bil’in village, to the west of Ramallah, is considered an example of the Palestinian steadfastness and struggle as well as the defense of the lands. Less than a year has passed since the owners of Abu Leimoun conservatory (35 dunums) reclaimed it after its isolation behind the wall section built on February 20, 2011.
The conservatory was part of lands included in the Israeli Occupation Supreme Court decision of altering the wall route; the decision gave back the owners around 1100 dunums out of a total of 2300 that were to be isolated behind the wall. However, the route alteration decision has never been a delight to the Israeli Occupation Army and colonists. They unleashed their wrath on the Palestinian villagers by attacking them and their properties.
On November 27, 2011, the Israeli Occupation Army and the IEPA demolished a room in Abu Leimoun conservatory on the pretext of no permit as well as the claim that the room does not comply with the rules and regulations of the IEPA. The room was constructed 7 years ago in an attempt to stop, or at least slow down, the expansion of the nearby ‘Mitat Yahu’ colony.
The villagers also wanted to show the world that only the colonists are allowed to build randomly while any Palestinian structure is facing the danger of devestation.

Bil’in is located 12 km west of Ramallah; it is edged by Modin Illit colony. Its total area is 4000 dunums; the wall destroyed and isolated 2300 dunums of its land in 2006.The lands used to be planted with grains and were considered a major source of income for the villagers.It is inhabited by 1900people.

Categories: Demolition